Tamian Wood - The Secrets of Good Design
Guest: NAIWE’s Book Cover Expert Tamian Wood
Have you ever wondered what makes a person pick one product over another? Many times, it’s the result of good design. In this webinar you’ll learn a bit about the basics of color psychology, including cultural responses and the language of color.
You’ll also have the opportunity to explore the transformative magic of typography and how you can use it, in varying ways, to change the message of your words through your font choice. And lastly, we’ll take a dive into tracking, kerning, and leading.
Here’s what you can expect to learn in this class:
- How to write a great how-to article on topics specific to your expertise
- How to get the most exposure for that article by adding it to your blog, newsletter, and other outlets and submitting it to the top-ranking article submission sites as well as industry-specific places
- How to take it a step further and get even more exposure with your social media by creating tweets, Facebook postings, etc., right from that article
- How you can review your website stats and online search stats to see what keywords brought the visitors to your site and with that knowledge create a Google AdWords campaign
- How to create a video of your article and add it to your YouTube channel
Tamian Wood, winner of numerous print and cover design awards, uses art, photography, typography, and digital collage techniques to create book covers that sell. She works with several publishers and a growing number of indie authors. Tamian’s most famous client to date is Pope Francis, whose Encyclical Letter won first place for cover design. With over 25 years in the design trenches, she is also a partner member in good standing with the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) and a co-judge for a monthly cover design contest at Discovering Diamonds Historical Fiction Review site. Tamian has a weekly featured post (Critique Corner) at the Writers of Non-Fiction Facebook group. And she is the director of the LinkedIn group, Authors’ Resource. Tamian holds degrees in computer science and graphic design technology and is a proud member of Phi Theta Kappa National Honour Society.
- 1 PDF