Brian Schwartz - Building a Content Promotion Strategy to Sell More Books
Guest: NAIWE’s Self-Publishing Expert Brian Schwartz
Getting your book found is a matter of having the right content in the right place at the right time. The good news is that it’s less about driving traffic to your own site and more about being visible where your target audience already exists. It’s wise to choose a few platforms to master instead of spreading yourself too thin, but which ones produce the highest return-on-investment? Learn to create content that gets the clicks on high-traffic sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Medium, LinkedIn, YouTube, Quora, Flickr, Huffington Post, and more.
Here’s what you can expect to learn in this class:
· DIY tech tools that allow you to create professional quality photos, videos, and podcasts
· Where to post content that gets noticed
· Submitting guest posts on high traffic sites
· Using the tools Amazon provides to reach new readers
· Strategies for getting noticed offline
· Event marketing and co-branding
· Writing effective press releases (that actually get picked up by the media)
· Using giveaways and discounts to build your email list
· Content beyond words: Photos, videos, and podcasts
Authorpreneuris the creator of the award-winning 50 Interviews series. More than 500 authors have trusted Brian and his team to publish their work. The mission of Brian’s practice is “to bridge the gap between self-publishers and traditional publishing by applying the proven strategies and techniques of successful independent publishers.” To meet this objective, Brian launched AuthorDock in 2016 to provide authors an all-in-one secure portfolio management tool to manage deadlines, extended teams, and critical resources. Brian is also the developer of PubWriter, a click-to-publish publishing platform used by authors to create their own web hubs for publishing, promotion, and sales.
- 1 PDF